Cooking Kit - Black Cod, Caribbean Blackened Island Recipe
Blackened fish is a cooking technique using a spice blend and cooking the fish in a high heat pan to create a delicious blackened fish crust.
This delicious Blackened Fresh Black Cod recipe combines a housemade blackened seasoning by Real Good Fish with a firm and meaty but large flakey and mild, locally caught black cod, pan seared to perfection! Perfect for blackened cod tacos or served with freshly harvested, organic roasted seasonal vegetables.
Super healthy! Quick & easy! Less than 15 minutes!
Cooking Kit includes: Blackened Seasoning & Fresh Black Cod Filet, 1 lb. (Real Good Fish) & Organic Meyer Lemons
1. Dry each cod filet with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
2. Rub each cod filet with about 1 tsp high heat oil.
3. Evenly sprinkle blackened seasoning on all sides of the cod filet.
4. Pour remaining high heat oil (approximately 1.5 tbsp) into the saute pan and heat to medium high.
5. Once oil is hot, place your cod filets into the saute pan.
6. Cook each side for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the cod is thoroughly cooked through.
photo: zestful kitchen